Lake Payette, McCall Idaho

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day 1 - trip to Colorado, July 25, 2009

We left Meridian this morning around 9 am on the first leg of our trip to Denver, Colorado. Travis helped drive, a little, from around Rupert, Idaho to the northern part of Utah. All in all, it was a pretty uneventful trip. We arrived in Green River, Wyoming around 5:30pm for the night. We had reserved a room at the Super 8 motel but the moment I walked into the office area, I realized I would not be happy. There was a strong odor of Curry and it had very old and outdated carpeting and peeling wall paper. So I came up with a "story" and asked if I could cancel my reservation. At first she said I had missed the 4pm deadline to cancel, but changed her mind after she disappeared for a moment into the back room. So that was a pleasant surprise!? After stopping at a local gas station to ask for a phone book, we decided to try the brand new Hampton Inn down the street. The owner of the gas station recommended it and/or one other motel. So here we are in a beautiful room, with a beautiful view and I don't feel like I'll have to check the mattress for bed bugs!? (worth paying almost double for the room than we would have paid at the Super 8?!) That Super 8 would have creeped me out if I had to stay there. Anywho, here are a few pics. We should sleep well tonight!! Till tomorrow !!

From the Hampton Inn parking lot, looking south.

Travis, our car and a beautiful butte !!

Time to relax !!

The view out our window, love those buttes !!

The Hampton Inn, Green River, Wyoming.

No comments: